Operating Engineers Local 4 has a long history of delivering world-class results, and we’re excited that you’re interested in joining us. When you enter Local 4’s Apprenticeship and Training Program, you join a community of more than 5,000 members across New England. Our excellence starts with the apprenticeship and training opportunities we provide at our facilities in Canton and Medway, Massachusetts.
The 2022 Application Period is closed.
To meet our basic qualifications, Apprentices need to:
- Reside within Local 4’s jurisdiction. Check your eligibility.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be capable of performing the work of the trade (see Apprentice Job Description)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be a citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license in your possession.
- Have a Social Security card in your possession.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below for answers to some of our most Frequently Asked Questions about our Local 4 Apprenticeship Program.
If you are interested in receiving information about the next application period, please complete this form and we will be in touch: